FEATURES & ADVANTAGES OF DIESEL BUG INCUBATOR AND TEST KITS
This test kit is an early warning system that identifies harmful micro-organism in fuel so that preventative action can be taken before issues occur, a reliable and convenient method that requires no special laboratory equipment or experience to use, sampling and evaluation can be carried out by anyone.
This Hydra test kit is produced following the strictest standards, guaranteed to be a product of consistent quality, two independent tests are carried out on each slide and quickly alerts you to microbial contamination of fuel. The cream coloured slide gives total bacteria count and the brown slide indicates yeast and mould counts.
Safe to handle, samples are evaluated in sealed tubes avoiding risk of contamination.
HOW TO USE DIESEL BUG INDICATOR AND TEST KIT
- Using a clean container take a sample of fuel or water
- Unscrew the lid of the container and remove the slide without touching the agar surface
- Dip the slide into the liquid, both sides must be submerged
- Allow excess liquid to drain and then place back into tube, sealing firmly
- For highly viscous liquids, do not dip slide into liquid and instead use a sterile swap which then streak onto the agar surfaces.
- Incubate at 30 degrees Celsius or a dark warm place such as airing cupboard
- After 24-48 hours of incubation the result should be ready (for slow growing organisms 48+)
- After incubation use the evaluation chart to compare the colony density
- To dispose of used dip tube slides simply fill tube with household bleach , re-insert the slide and dispose as usual
- If test is positive, re test within 7-10 days and treat with HYDRA fuelPlus biocide as necessary
INTERPRETATION OF TEST RESULTS
The evaluation graph reflects various colonies showing the range of microbial contamination
The figures are shown in cfu*/ml
- Compare the colony growth of your incubated sample to the images in the valuation graph
- Mainly red colonies are formed by most of the bacteria, but some may form colourless colonies which should also be counted
If you see any growth whatsoever then you should immediately treat fuel with HYDRA FUELPLUS BIOCIDE
STORAGE AND STABILITY
The test kit 2448 dip slides should be kept away from sunlight and stored safely unopened at room temperature.
The slides should also be protected from freezing and disposed of by the expiry date mentioned on the box. Heat variations can lead to condensation which eventually settles at the bottom of the dip slide tube.
The sterile strips can be easily discarded down the sink.
All of our products are manufactured to the highest specifications at our UK plant, which is accredited to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, this ensures that the European EN 228:2008/2012 fuel quality standard is always adhered to.