FEATURES & ADVANTAGES OF HYDRA AMMONIA LOCK
- Ammonia Lock quickly absorbs toxic ammonia and releases non-toxic sodium ions.
- Ideal for pools, fountains and ponds with high fish volume and freshly cleaned filters.
- Allows sufficient time for the biological filters to develop and colonise with nitrifying bacteria in a new pond or at the beginning of the season.
- Helps turn cloudy water clear by eliminating bacterial blooms.
- Helps filters to work more efficiently during hot weather conditions.
- Prevents unwanted algae growth
- Rechargeable crystals that can be used multiple times.
- Consists of naturally occurring high grade Zeolites with micro porous crystalline constitution, not mixed with cheap impurities.
- Secret of Japanese pond keepers.
THE PROBLEM YOU CAN HAVE WITH GARDEN PONDS OR POOLS
In ornamental garden ponds or pools, the problem of excessive ammonia arises out of:
- Overfeeding of fish and uneaten fish food in the water
- Malfunctioning or inadequate biological filter system
- Large quantities of fish in the water body with insufficient filtration to handle the amount of ammonia being released into the water
- Ponds with huge amounts of waste (dead leaves/plants) decomposing at the bottom of the pond
- Increased water temperature during particularly hot weather, or at the beginning of a season when fish activity rises whilst nitrifying bacteria are still not colonised in a large enough quantity.
With the increase of water temperature, ammonia toxicity also rises, therefore the same ammonia level during winter would prove harmful during summers when water temperature is higher.
Water Temperature (°C)
The figures indicate the maximum long term Ammonia level (in mg/litre) tolerated by healthy fish. Ammonia tolerance decreases with rise in pH and water temperature.
THE SOLUTION WITH HYDRA AMMONIA LOCK
Ammonia Lock is a safe, fast and effective product that quickly lowers the dissolved ammonia levels in ponds, pools and all fresh water systems with fish.
HOW TO USE HYDRA AMMONIA
Dosage Rate: 1 kilo treats 1,350 litres of water.
- Leave Hydra Ammonia Lock crystals to soak for 24 hours in a 10% salt solution to charge, this done before use in pond. `
- Place the charged crystals in a sack in a running water area.
- After putting in water Hydra Ammonia Lock may become saturated even before the ammonia levels are reduced to zero. In this case take the crystals out and recharge as before, prior to adding back into the water.
- It is advised to use Ammonia Test Kit to check dissolved ammonia levels in the water.
- Recharge the crystals every month or more frequently if necessary.