Datasheet (LT Extreme)
- Click here
Features & Advantages
- Blend of carefully selected pond beneficial bacteria strains that multiply rapidly to replace the bacteria lost during winters.
- Nitrifying bacteria in LT Extreme act on harmful ammonia to convert it into nitrite and subsequently to nitrates.
- The blend includes special beneficial bacteria that break down excess nutrients and organic matter to give clearer water.
- Eliminates cloudy water and odour problems by acting upon pollutants and organic deposits in the pond.
- Perfect for seeding new biological filters.
- Gives your pond a head start by boosting the growth of beneficial bacteria.
- Help maintain the ecological balance of the water.
- Controls blanket weed and algal growth in the pond by digesting the nutrients required for their growth.
- Easy to use, mix with pond water and add directly into the pond or filters.
- Suitable to work efficiently in both freshwater and saltwater systems.
- Safe to use in water with fish and aquatic plants.
How to Use
Treatment Rate Monthly: For Ponds
Apply at rates below. Repeat monthly from the beginning of October till March. For use when the temperature is below 12°C (54°F).
|Size of Pond In Litres ||Size of Pond in Gallons ||Application |
|<1,000 litres ||220 gallons ||100 gram |
|<2,000 litres ||440 gallons ||200 gram |
|<5,000 litres ||1,100 gallons ||300 gram |
|<10,000 litres ||2,200 gallons ||350 gram |
|<20,000 litres ||4,400 gallons ||400 gram |
|<50,000 litres ||11,000 gallons ||500 gram |
LAKE - TREATMENT RATES
- Apply at 1-2 kilo per acre each month or bi-monthly depending on the water quality and algae bloom.
- Higher dosages of Hydra LT Extreme produce faster results.
- Mix with pond water. Then, add directly to the water body. If possible circulate treated water by pump for even distribution.
Note: UV light is installed in the ponds to kill bacteria, however favourable bacteria also die out in the process. Therefore, to gain maximum benefit out of the product, please switch off the UV lights for at least 24 hours after adding LT Extreme in the water.
*Full Instructions on the label.
In a balanced pond ecology, most types of good pond bacteria develop on their own, but often it is not sufficient to ward of common pond problems such as:
- Cloudy water,
- Sludge accumulation,
- Bad odour from the slow decomposition of organic waste,
- Low pH level, i.e. increase in water acidity, harmful for fish and good bacteria,
- Depletion of dissolved oxygen levels.
Pond keepers may maintain pond balance by adding natural favourable bacteria in the pond, especially at the beginning of the winter season when the good bacteria start to die out due to the cold temperature. LT Extreme includes highly concentrated beneficial bacteria (10 billion cfu/gram) that help resolve various water quality problems including uncontrolled algal growth.
LT Extreme is an effective biological treatment product (for colder months of winter) to maintain the beneficial pond bacteria level that may die out due to the colder temperature. The blend includes a careful selection of different bacteria with various useful actions and quality:
- Ability to withstand a wide range of pH level and temperature,
- Ability to double every 20 minutes,
- Ability to digest specific nutrients that cause algae growth and poor water quality
LT Extreme is suitable for use with goldfish as well as koi fish ponds, boundary water courses, zoo ponds, leisure fishing lakes, ecologically unbalanced ponds. The product gives excellent results in water bodies under intensive aquaculture operations such as live stock holding tanks, commercial fish farms and angling clubs.